I.P. E / C.P.V / C.P.S.G INSPECTOR
I.P. E / C.P.V / C.P.S.G INSPECTOR
As an Inspector, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the highest standards of Safety, Health, Compliance, and Quality across the business and its subsidiaries. You will be responsible for in service repairs, in service RBI & Statutory inspections, as well as new builds, as per regulatory requirements and uphold the quality standards of our products and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Key accountabilities:
- Conduct IPE, CPPV work within the company.
- Ensure that all necessary client Activities are effectively carried out.
- Take note and drive SHEQ activities on your site.
- Ensure that the requirements of SANS 10227 and ISO 17020 standards are implemented, adhered to and maintained for his/her areas of responsibility.
- Build strong relationships with clients within your area of operation.
- Business Development – identify and assist the Business Development Specialist with business opportunities within your region.
- Cost Control.
- Review data packs, reports, and other documents prior to submission to the client.
- Provide technical support to all Inspectors and NDT staff within your area of responsibility.
- Ensure all timesheets, expense claims, leave forms, client invoices etc are properly reviewed before sending to head office.
- Provide direction to all NDT and Inspection staff, ensuring that the sites technical capabilities are continuously developed and enhances in line with market demands.
- Health & Safety:
- Role model standards for SHEQ performance and behaviour consistent with the company’s health, safety, environmental and quality vision and policies by influencing those around you.
- Contribute to the identification and logging of SHEQ incidents and observations to achieve Zero Harm
- Embrace, display and promote the company values and ensure a safe working environment is maintained.
- Initiate a formal non-conformance report when a deviation of the system occurs, possible improvements are identified or when nonconformity is identified.
- Refrain from using any equipment that may pose a safety hazard or enter hazardous environments without the necessary knowledge and protection and report the situation to the line manager to take-action.
- Do not carry on with work that may affect the quality (integrity) of services and report the situation to the line manager to take-action.
- Stay abreast of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to safety, health, environment, and quality.
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Assist the client with upholding their Risk Based Inspection and management program.
- Attend all relevant client Risk Based Inspection meetings.
- Continuous Improvement
- Must take continuous improvement culture seriously, identifying opportunities for enhancing Quality / Compliance, performance.
- Audit and Inspection
- Assist in internal and external audits.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Codes, regulations, and best practices.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Project management skills.
- Able to take full accountability.
Years Of Experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- NDT Background
- SAQCC Registered CP PV / CP-SG & IPE
- Matric Certificate
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your detailed word format CV and qualifications to
For enquiries contact the HR Department on