Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify the procurement needs of the entire organisation.
- Managing direct procurement processes, including purchasing or obtaining of raw materials, resources, goods and services
- Managing indirect procurement, including purchases of good, services, supplies and materials needed for daily operations.
- Creating RFQ’s and overseeing competitive bidding cycles
- Managing procurement budgets, strategies, and payments processes
- Create and implement regional procurement strategies that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within the industry.
- Managing the procure to pay process including requisitioning, purchasing, receiving, invoicing, and paying for goods and services.
- Review and negotiate contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Build long-term relationships with vendors in the industry.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure that the product arrives in a timely fashion.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with critical suppliers, by maintaining advantageous relationships with suppliers and managing disputes.
- Compare proposals for price and specifications. Develop an administrative specification which includes technical specifications from the End User.
- Compile the respond of RFQ of bids responses from the Suppliers or Service Provisors for the approval of the CFO.
- Review contract specifications on behalf of the company
- Manage technological systems that track the shipment, inventory and supply of materials, incorporating new procurement software, e-procurement processes, and business processes where necessary.
- Identify the prospective bids / tenders that our entities have the capacity can bid / tender for.
- Must respond to all bids / tenders available for the Group together with his / team.
- Lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly procurement reports.
- Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Attend Local community forum engagements.
- Monitoring industry trends and developments.
- Must always research the current industry prices and engage the suppliers and service providers to re-negotiate their prices to the Group’s favour.
- All procurement of goods and services must adhere to the Enterprise and Supplier Development as per BBBEE score card elements.
- Must be a secretariat of both the Procurement Committees (Evaluation and Adjudication)
- Meet with supervisors and department heads to understand the needs across the company.
- Delegate tasks to the procurement team
- Train new employees and support team members as necessary
- Develop policies, procedures and templates to ensure the appreciate controls.
- Developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- The ability to implement demand management processes with special emphasis on bid specifications in order to execute best practice procurement to leverage cost and operational excellence to enhance service delivery and further to optimise and standardise specifications. The incumbent must a depth of knowledge in responding to bids / tenders by means of proposals and completion of tender documents.
Years Of Experience
- A minimum of 5-6 years in procurement or supply chain management of which 3 years must have been in a senior procurement officer role or equivalent.
- 3-year National diploma/ National First degree in relevant discipline/NQF level 7
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain best practices
- Bid Specification development.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Proficiency in inventory and RFP management software
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Superb communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills in Commercial matters.
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Excellent Customer Orientation Skills
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your detailed word format CV and qualifications to
12:00 pm on
For enquiries contact the HR Department on