GROUP SHEQ MANAGER
GROUP SHEQ MANAGER
Duties & Responsibilities
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Leadership and Strategy:
- Develop and implement the overall SHEQ strategy in alignment with the business’s goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership to the SHEQ teams across all subsidiaries, ensuring consistency and alignment with group standards.
- Policy Development and Implementation:
- Develop and update SHEQ policies, procedures, and guidelines for the group and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure the effective communication and implementation of SHEQ policies across all entities within the group.
- Ensuring that the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation.
- Stay abreast of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to safety, health, environment, and quality.
- Ensure the business and its subsidiaries’ compliance with all relevant SHEQ requirements.
- Certification Management:
- Identify, implement, and maintain relevant SHEQ certifications for the group and its subsidiaries (e.g., ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 17020).
- Coordinate certification processes, audits, and inspections across all entities within the group.
- Risk Assessment and Management:
- Identify and assess the areas of significant business risk and conduct comprehensive risk assessments for the group and subsidiaries to identify potential hazards and develop strategies to mitigate risks.
- Implement and monitor risk management programs across all entities to reduce incidents and accidents.
- Training and Awareness:
- Develop and deliver training programs for the group and its subsidiaries to enhance SHEQ awareness and competence among employees.
- Ensure that employees across all entities are informed about and trained on SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Incident Investigation and Reporting:
- Lead investigations into SHEQ incidents and accidents for the group and its subsidiaries, identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive incident reports and a risk management plan for the group and its subsidiaries to relevant stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Implement a continuous improvement culture for the group and its subsidiaries, identifying opportunities for enhancing SHEQ performance.
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators across all entities to drive improvement initiatives.
- Supplier and Contractor Management:
- Evaluate and monitor the SHEQ performance of suppliers and contractors for the group and its subsidiaries.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that external partners adhere to SHEQ standards.
- Audit and Inspection:
- Plan and conduct internal and external SHEQ audits for the group and its subsidiaries.
- Collaborate with regulatory bodies and external auditors during inspections for all entities within the group.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Excellent knowledge of SHEQ regulations and best practices.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Project management skills.
- Able to take full accountability.
Years Of Experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management).
- Professional certification in SHEQ is required.
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a leadership position.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your detailed word format CV and qualifications to
For enquiries contact the HR Department on